In order to determine if Arbor Bay School is an appropriate educational setting for your child, we will need to review all current educational assessment information you may have. Once the review process is completed we may need to obtain further diagnostic information to help us determine if this is the best educational placement for your child. The following assessment and reports will be helpful to us:
- Speech and Language assessment and treatment reports
- Academic testing and achievement levels
- Psychological testing
- Developmental information
- Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment reports
- Current IEP
- Pertinent medical information
STEPS IN THE PROCESS
- Submit available records and reports with Arbor Bay application for review. These may be sent or delivered to the Arbor Bay School office.
- Following the record review, parents and Director discuss the need for any further diagnostic information. Assessments such as the Woodcock-Johnson Basic Skills Test or Brigance Diagnostic Comprehension Test and administration of the Slingerland Screening Test may be necessary prior to admission.
- Your child may be selected for a screening with Arbor Bay School educators. This may include participation in individual and/or group school activities.
- At the conclusion of the screening period, Arbor Bay staff will notify you regarding your child's enrollment status.
- If enrollment is felt to be appropriate, a start date will be determined for a 30 day trial placement. The first month of enrollment will be used as a diagnostic period to assure that school and class placement continues to be appropriate. At the end of the month, parents and staff will meet to further develop an individual learning profile with goals and objectives for your child's educational experience at Arbor Bay School, if appropriate.
Throughout this enrollment process, we encourage you to share your questions, concerns or comments with us. It is only through working together that we will be able to make the best choices and plans for your child. Arbor Bay School admits children regardless of race, color, and national or ethnic origin, to its program during the regular school year or the extended school year.
Tuition assistance may be available at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Scholarship funds may also be awarded on the basis of financial need.
$100 application fee upon intake evaluation. As an incentive, a 5% discount will be applied to annual tuitions paid in full at the time of registration. First and last month tuition payment and registration is due by mid-August. Your monthly installment is due at the 1st of each month. A $50 fee will be assessed on all returned checks and/or late payments.